Durability Meets Agriculture
Demilec introduces Barnseal™ polyurethane spray foam insulation for
use in agricultural applications. Barnseal is a high R-value, air sealing
insulation developed for use in poultry, dairy, equestrian, farm and ranch
applications where high performance is required, and at a lower cost than
the spray foam insulation traditionally used in homes and commercial buildings.
Barnseal MD (Medium-Density) is a 2 pound density agricultural spray foam
insulation with an R-value of 6.8 at 1 inch, most commonly used for fruit
and vegetable storage facilities, barns, stables, horse riding arenas,
dairies, and other buildings where a high R-value is necessary.
Barnseal HD (High-Density) is a is a 6 pound density spray foam insulation
with an R-value of 5.9 at 1 inch, most commonly used in poultry houses,
as it is a more durable substance which is not damaged by chickens and
turkeys pecking at the foam.
Barnseal Advantages Include:
- Durable and fast application.
- Insulation with an air-tight seal.
- Improved temperature control in barns.
- Enhances ventilation control.
- Reduces energy consumption.
- Minimizes potential for condensation.
- Minimizes the potential for mold and mildew growth.
- Increases production from livestock.
- Non-biocide darkling beetle control.
- Compressive strength >20 psi.
- R-7.1 at one inch (initial).