Tech Tip - E31 Error Code
Posted By DEMILEC
On Reactor E-Series Graco machines:An error code not commonly found in manuals is E31. This means the motor
switch on the control board has shorted out and you need to replace the
motor control board.
Below are the steps to trouble shoot an error code E31:
- Remove the machine from the power source.
- Thoroughly check the drive motor by removing the top motor brush and rotating
the motor manually with the internal fan blade.
- Inspect the motor commutator all the way around for any evidence of burning
- Continue to rotate the motor until you have completed one pump cycle, up
and down to insure there is no mechanical interference in pump lower or
gear drive system.
* Note: The Reactor machines that have the large blue capacitor will have to have
it verified for proper function as well.
What To Do Next
If after confirming a good motor and a capacitor, and confirming the input
power source is at the required voltage and phase, you will need to replace
the motor control board.
As always read, understand, and follow all instruction manuals and warning
labels supplied with all equipment. Only trained and qualified personnel
should perform repairs on the equipment. To access the latest equipment
Contact us today if you require additional information and assistance.